It is designed to encourage women and equip them with truth that will impact their faith, family and freedoms as they hear national Christian leaders address today’s world issues in the light of God’s word.
The conference will feature appearances by Dove Award -winning singer, songwriter and speaker Kathy Troccoli with pianist Michele Margiotta and the following line-up of influential women.
- Karen Vaughn – The mother of fallen Navy SEAL, Aaron Carson Vaughn (SEAL Team VI), Vaughn now serves as senior military families advisor for Concerned Veterans for America. She also shares Aaron’s journey of passion, perseverance and patriotism in schools through Operation 300.
- Jennifer Sullivan– As Florida State Representative from District 31, Sullivan is the youngest House Representative in the state. Recently, a bill she introduced requiring women to wait at least 24 hours and make two trips to the doctor before having an abortion passed by a 77-41 vote.
- Lauren Cooley– A voice for conservative Millennials, Cooley is a columnist, commentator and consultant who speaks on issues impacting young adults. Formerly a managing editor for Turning Point USA, she is currently a field representative for the Leadership Institute.
- Morgan Perry – A producer for Exodus Cry, an international anti-trafficking organization committed to abolishing sex slavery through Christ-centered prevention, intervention and restoration, Perry worked on the film “Nefarious: Merchant of Souls.”
- Juliana Taimoorazy – An Assyrian Christian, Taimoorazy fled Iran in 1989 due to religious persecution and has founded the Iraqi Christian Relief Council to foster awareness of the plight of Iraqi Christians and deliver food and medicine to Iraq. She also directed the docudrama “Sing A Little Louder.”
- Susan Michael – USA Director for the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem, Michael is often called upon to address complex and sensitive issues regarding anti-Semitism, Islam, Jewish-Christian relations and current events.
Sue Trombino, who founded Women Impacting the Nation (W.I.N.) in the fall of 2005, said “Our objective is to get women to be encouraged and stand firm in their faith. You say you are a Christian, but can you tell me why?”
It is her passion to embolden every Christian and American to get involved in saving the moral compass of America.
“In Isaiah it talks about putting godly people into government,” said Trombino. “We’re supposed to be in the culture. We want to encourage you to do what God called you to do. We want to stir the pot and get you to think – to mentor the younger generation.”
This year’s conference has a number of youthful speakers as Trombino said, “We’re holding up these young women as an example, so they can see these women as their peers.”
Reaching out to youth groups in churches and college leaders, Trombino said, “We want to bridge build with the younger generation and maybe even be able to mentor them.” In keeping with this objective, some scholarships are available for college students.
Your dreams are God’s tool. Trombino said her goal is “to encourage women of all ages to occupy until I come. Be a light and stand true in our faith with confidence now.”
According to their website, Women Impacting the Nation is made up of women like you who want to impact our nation. We are women from every stage and age of life. We are women who love the United States of America, and who believe strongly in the principles upon which this great nation was founded. We are very concerned about where our country is headed and the legacy we will leave for our children and their children and future generations. We believe it is time to stand up and speak out for what we believe, and we believe as women we must be empowered with knowledge and truth – God’s truth.
The women’s conference is being held at the Palm Beach Atlantic University Weyenberg Center, 901 S. Flagler Center, West Palm Beach. To purchase tickets, visit womenimpactingthenation.org or call 1-844-946-8255.