March of Dimes will be hosting its 2021 Women of Distinction Luncheon at the Signature Grand, 6900 W State Rd 84, Davie, on November 18 at 11:45 a.m.
This luncheon seeks to honor the 2021 Women of Distinction honorees presented by Memorial Healthcare System, highlighting women leaders who have made significant achievements professionally and as community stewards.
Honorees were selected by selected by a committee of past recipients and distinguished women leaders who reviewed applications from women who work in nonprofits, companies, universities and other organizations throughout the tri-county area.
2021 Women of Distinction Honorees:
- Betty Davis, Chief Certified Meteorologist WPLG Channel 10
- Dina Bellows-Levine, Managing Partner, Bellow and Associates
- Kate Goldman, Director, Government & Community Relations, Baptist Health South Florida
- Kenyetta N. Alexander, Esq, Partner, Osherow Law, LLC.
- Maureen Shea, Chief Executive Officer & Co-Founder, Right Management
- Rose McKelvie, MBA, MS, BSN, RN, Administrator, Salah Foundation Children’s Hospital
- Dr. Saima Aftab, Vice President, Organizational and Strategic Initiatives, Chief, Section of Neonatology, Nicklaus Children’s Health System
- Samantha Woulfe, Marketing Director, Warren Henry Auto Group
- Shannon Balliet, Vice President Marketing, Time4Learning
- Tiffany D. Garner, M.S., J.D., Director of Development & Law Professor, Nova Southeastern University
- Todra Anderson Rhodes, MD, FACOG, Chief Medical Officer, Memorial Hospital Miramar
- Yvette DuBose, Executive Director, Heart Gallery of Broward
In addition, Sheryl Brown, with ZETA PHI BETA SORORITY, INC., will be recognized as the March of Domes Broward Woman of Service. March of Dimes Woman of Service is presented to an individual that has demonstrated service as a core value. The recipient of this honor has selflessly gave of their time, talent and treasures in the pursuit of equal and just treatment of all.
Laurie A. Watkins will be the event’s keynote speaker. Watkins is a catalyst for change, an accomplished speaker, best-selling author of the award-winning book, Go from Stressed to Strong: Health & Fitness Advice from High Achievers, and appears frequently on cable and network television providing her insights on national security and current events. Appointed by President Barack Obama to serve in his Administration at the Pentagon for the U.S. Army, she has an impressive record of success establishing organizational goals and priorities.
To purchase tickets, visit www.marchofdimes.org/