Join Habitat for Humanity for its Ground Breaking for “A Rick Case Habitat Community” taking place at 11 a.m. on June 6 at 890 NW 15th Street, Pompano Beach, FL. Visit https://www.habitatbroward.org/ for more information.
WHAT: Habitat for Humanity of Broward undertakes its newest and largest community to date: A Rick Case Habitat Community, featuring 77 affordable homes with a publicly accessible park and children’s playground. This community will cover nine acres in Pompano Beach.
At the Ground Breaking, Habitat Broward will recognize those philanthropists who have stepped forward to get this historic, $18 million project started. It will pay special tribute to those who are supporting Phase I, which covers infrastructure such as water, sewer, roads, and electric.
Featured guests include:
- Rita and Rick Case, Rick Case Automotive Group
- Ed Ansin, Sunbeam Television/WSVN Channel 7
- Linda B. Carter, President/CEO, Community Foundation of Broward
- George LeMieux, former U.S. Senator from Florida
- Marty Kiar, Broward County Property Appraiser
- Mayor Lamar Fisher, City of Pompano Beach
- Commissioner Beverly Perkins, City of Pompano Beach
- Steven W. Hudson, Hudson Family Foundation
- Robert Taylor, Jr., Burdette Beckmann, Inc.
- Rev. Dr. Robert C. Stanley, Senior Pastor of Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church
- Peter Caspari, Department of Defense, Florida ESGR & U.S. Army