More than 340 million people around the world suffer persecution for practicing their Christian faith – making it the largest persecuted religious group. In solidarity with them, and to help raise awareness, the 2nd annual March for the Martyrs will take place in Washington, D.C., on September 25 from 3 – 6:30 p.m.
It’s the first time the March, hosted by For the Martyrs, will be held in the nation’s capital.
The March will begin with a rally on the National Mall. From there, participants will follow a route up the National Mall, past the White House and end with the Night for the Martyrs at the JW Marriott Hotel. There, participants will hear testimonials from persecuted Christians and those who advocate for them.
The persecution of Christians is widely ignored by the media and often overlooked within communities of faith. For this reason, For the Martyrs is on a mission to place Christian persecution on the forefront of the fight for human rights.
In addition to For The Martyrs President Gia Chacon, speakers include:
- Nasarean.org founder, Fr. Benedict Kiely
- Open Doors USA president, David Curry
- Chinese defector and ChinaAid founder, Bob Fu
- Musician and speaker, Sean Feucht
- In Defense of Christians president, Toufic Baaklini
- Ex-U.S. Commissioner on Int’l Religious Freedom, Rev. Johnnie Moore
- Relatable podcast host, Allie Beth Stuckey
To register, visit www.forthemartyrs.com/register