First Presbyterian Church of Fort Lauderdale will be hosting a series of special events tackling the topic of homelessness in the Fort Lauderdale community, as part of its Wednesday Night Live! Fall Series on every Wednesday, beginning September 11, for eight weeks in the church’s Fellowship Hall (451 Tarpon Drive, Fort Lauderdale) at 6:30 p.m.
For more information about the Wednesday Night Live! Fall Series on Homelessness, the weekly worship schedule, or the diverse array of ministries and service opportunities, please visit firstpres.cc, call (954) 462-6200, or visit the Church’s Facebook page.
The schedule will proceed as follows”
- Session 1 – September 11, 2019: Rev. Nicholas B. Merchant, First Presbyterian Church of Fort Lauderdale. Topic: What Does the Bible Tell Us About Homelessness?
- Session 2 – September 18, 2019: Simeon Rodgers, First Presbyterian Church of Fort Lauderdale. Topic: How God Communicates His Desires and How We Listen for Them.
- Session 3 – September 25, 2019: Kathleen Cannon, Chief Executive Officer, United Way of Broward County. Topic: The Role of the United Way.
- Session 4 – October 2, 2019: Lilly Gallardo, Director of Social Services, the Salvation Army. Topic: The Role of the Salvation Army.
- Session 5 – October 9, 2019: Bob Swindell, Chief Executive Officer, Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance. Topic: The Role of the Business Community.
- Session 6 – October 16, 2019: Rev. Dr. Ben Sorensen, City of Fort Lauderdale Commissioner. Topic: How the City Sees its Role in Addressing Homelessness.
- Session 7 – October 30, 2019: Rev. Dr. Ted Greer, Chief Executive Officer, Hope South Florida. Topic: The Role of Hope South Florida.
- Session 8 – November 6, 2019: Rev. Nicholas B. Merchant, First Presbyterian Church of Fort Lauderdale. Topic: Call to Action, How We Can Make a Difference.