- This event has passed.
Weekend of Prayer for Zion’s Sake
November 17 - November 19
A horrific act of terrorism has brought about a historic weekend of unity for Jews and Christians as they pray together November 17-19 for Israel.
The Weekend of Prayer will bring together congregations from across the United States and around the world to cry out to God on behalf of Israel and for the release of more than 240 hostages held by Hamas.
“This is an unprecedented moment in history to stand with our Jewish friends in prayer,” said Dr. Susan Michael, Executive Director of the American Christian Leaders for Israel and National Director of the International Christian Embassy Jerusalem USA.
“Commit your congregation to a time of prayer for Israel and the release of the hostages according to Isaiah 62:1, ‘For Zion’s sake, I will not hold my peace.’”
Michael recommended that churches pray for Israel and the release of the hostages during regularly scheduled services over the weekend of November 17-19.
“Synagogues pray ‘A Prayer for Israel’ every Sabbath,” she noted. “On this weekend, they will do so knowing that churches are joining them with prayer during their own services. Please reach out to your local synagogues to let them know that you are with them, and you are praying.”
Recommended prayers include:
- Lament and mourn the horrific events and aftermath of the terrorist attacks and war (Matthew 5:4; Romans 12:15).
- Pray over the recent widows, widowers, and orphans, parents who lost their children, splintered and homeless families, and others who lost loved ones and are grieving.
- Pray for anyone in Israel and Gaza caught in the crossfires of the war (John 14:27; Romans 10:13).
- Pray for lives to be spared and terrorism to end.
- Pray that people will cry out to God and experience His supernatural peace and salvation.
For prayer points and additional resources, visit aclforIsrael.com/