211 Broward revealed the finalists for the 10th Annual Community Care Plan Non-Profit Awards on Tuesday, January 21st at an exclusive VIP Announcement Party at Sistrunk Marketplace & Brewery. The 10th Annual Community Care Plan Non-Profit Awards presented by Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino and hosted by 211 Broward will take place on Friday, February 28th at 11 a.m. at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino.
The Awards acknowledge the highest level of achievement, innovation and quality in the non-profit sector. Awards will be given in the following 11 categories.
- BB&T | SunTrust Bank Now Truist Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year – Collaboration – Historic Stranahan House Museum; United Way of Broward County’s Broward Business Council on Homelessness; and Young at Art Museum of Broward
- Calvin, Giordano & Associates Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year – Rising Star – Parkland Cares; Reyna Group Home; and Tamarac Parks and Recreation Foundation
- Greenspoon Marder Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year – The Arts – ArtServe; Brazilian Voices; and Island City Stage
- OK Generators Non-Profit Organization of the Year- Innovation – Florida’s Children First; Habitat for Humanity of Broward; and Ken’s Krew
- Children’s Services Council of Broward County Collective Impact for Youth Award – Community Based Connections; Healing Arts Institute of South Florida International; and Sheridan House
- Sanford Institute of Philanthropy at Nova Southeastern University Development Executive – Jon Adler, Sheridan House; Jo Ann Arnowitz, Goodman JFS of Broward County; and Maria Meyer, Jack & Jill Children’s Center
- FPL Non-Proﬁt Organization Board Leader of the Year – Elaine Appel, HANDY; Leonard Goldberg, Gilda’s Club South Florida; and Howard Talenfield, Florida’s Children First
- WLRN Non-Profit Organization Staff Leader of the Year – Julia B. Andrews, Coral Springs Museum of Art; Dr. Robert G. Barnes, Sheridan House; and Nancy Robin, Habitat for Humanity of Broward
- Memorial Healthcare System Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year – Firewall Centers; HANDY; and Light of the World Clinic
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino 2020 Lifetime Achievement Award Honoree – Alan Levan, Chairman and CEO of BBX Capital and Bluegreen Vacations
211 Broward Excellence Award – This award winner will be acknowledged by 2-1-1 Broward during the ceremony. The Excellence Award honors an individual, organization, or company for their contributions and impact on the work and achievements of the nonprofit sector.
The winners in each category will receive a monetary grant award of $1,000 for their non-profit organizations. The other finalists will receive a $500 grant. The non-profit organizations nominated, but not selected as a finalist, will be eligible to receive the Publix Community Choice Award, selected by the community voting online.