The finalists for the 9th Annual Community Care Plan Non-Profit Awards presented by Signature Grand and hosted by 2-1-1 Broward have been announced. 2-1-1 Broward is a non-profit organization that provides 24-hour comprehensive helpline and support services to individuals and families seeking crisis intervention assistance and/or information and connections to health and human services in Broward County. The 9th Annual Community Care Plan Non-Profit Awards will celebrate the inspiring work of Broward County’s non-profit agencies and recognize the individual efforts of outstanding non-profit executives and board leaders. Evoking the iconic symbols of a glamorous awards show with a red carpet and searchlights, the awards ceremony and luncheon will take place on Friday, February 22rd at 11 a.m. at Signature Grand in Davie.
The finalists for the 9th Annual Non-Profit Awards were revealed on January 15th at an exclusive VIP Announcement Party at Dave & Buster’s in Hollywood.
The 9th Annual Community Care Plan Non-Profit Awards acknowledge the highest level of achievement, innovation and quality in the non-profit sector. Awards will be given in 10 categories, and all other nominees will be eligible for the Publix Community Choice Award.
The ten categories include:
- SunTrust Bank Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year – Collaboration: Finalists Include Rebuilding Together Broward County, South Florida Institute on Aging and Sheriff’s Foundation of Broward County
- Calvin, Giordano & Associates Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year – Rising Star: Finalists Include Parkland Buddy Sports, South Florida Wellness Network and World AIDS Museum
- Greenspoon Marder Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year – The Arts: Finalists Include Artists with Autism, Coral Springs Museum of Art and History Fort Lauderdale
- Brown & Brown Insurance Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year – Innovation: Finalists Include JAFCO Children’s Ability Center, Memorial Healthcare System and South Florida Community Land Trust
- Children Services Council Collective Impact for Youth Award: Finalists Include Children’s Harbor, Sheridan House and Urban League of Broward County
- The Sanford Institute of Philanthropy at National Leadership Institute Development Executive of the Year: Finalists Include Jon Adler, Sheridan House; Diana Metcalf, Junior Achievement of South Florida; and Barbara Witte, Habitat of Humanity of Broward
- FPL Non-Proﬁt Board Leader of the Year: Finalists Include Andy Cagnetta, LifeNet4Families; Keith Marchesani, Equine-Assisted Therapies of South Florida; and Sherry Stein, Children’s Harbor
- WLRN Outstanding Non-Proﬁt Leader of the Year: Finalists Include Mandy Bartle, South Florida Community Land Trust; DeAnn Hazey, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society; and Blake Silverstrom, Heart2Heart
- Memorial Healthcare System Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year : Finalists Include Firewall Centers, Habitat for Humanity of Broward and Junior Achievement of South Florida
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lifetime Achievement Award: Award Winner Marcia Barry Smith
The winners and finalists in each category will receive a monetary award for each of their non-profit organizations. Those nominated but not selected as a finalist will be eligible to win a $1,000 grant for their organization through the Publix Community Choice Award. Online voting for the Publix Community Choice Award is now open at www.211-broward.org.