USA Today has recognized the Wycliffe Discovery Center as one of the ten best religious museums in the United States. The newspaper’s 2020 10 Best Readers’ Choice awards were selected by a panel of experts who partnered with their 10 Best editors to pick the initial nominees, and the top 10 winners were determined by popular vote.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Religious Museum are as follows:
- Ark Encounter – Williamstown, Ky.
- Creation Museum – Petersburg, Ky.
- Museum of the Bible – Washington, DC
- The International Museum of Muslim Cultures – Jackson, Miss.
- Wycliffe Discovery Center – Orlando
- Biblical History Center – LaGrange, Ga.
- The Billy Graham Library – Charlotte, N.C.
- National Museum of American Jewish History – Philadelphia
- Oregon Jewish Museum – Portland, Ore.
- Saint John Paul II National Shrine – Washington, DC
“We’re honored to see the Discovery Center rank among the best religious museums in the United States,” said Dr. John Chesnut, president and CEO of Wycliffe USA. “The Center represents decades of Bible translation work around the world. We’re passionate about celebrating cultures, educating people about language groups and highlighting the need to continue this important work until all people have access to Scripture in the language they know best.”
The Wycliffe Discovery Center opened in 2002 and offers guests of all ages an interactive learning experience about cultures around the world and the process by which the Bible was translated for them, as well as displayed copies of many completed translations. The Center regularly hosts youth events to reach students outside normal school hours, and guests can schedule tours led by active missionaries who can offer first-hand insights into the displays.
To view Wycliffe’s listing and learn more about the selection process, visit www.10best.com/awards/
To learn more about the Wycliffe Discovery Center and available tours, education programs and events, visit