Local

Majority of Americans view abortion as wrong

America is trending pro-life. A Knights of Columbus-Marist survey finds 58 percent of those in the “Millennial” group (18-29 years old) agreed with the statement that abortion is “morally wrong.” Fifty-one percent of Baby Boomers (those 45-64) and 60 percent of Gen X’ers (30-44) feel the same. “Americans of all ages – and younger people […]

-Read More


Evangelicals in Spain shows secularization

Granada, Spain – The CIA World Factbook says 94 percent of Spain’s population is classified as Roman Catholic, and the remaining 6 percent is classified as “other.” It is the “other” that is of great concern to evangelical missionaries here, because in that “other” category are the country’s evangelicals, estimated to be less that 1 […]

-Read More


Alzheimer’s patients need care

Stacie Ruth Stoelting may only be 25 years old, yet she has the wisdom of one who has lived much longer when it comes to caring for caregivers of Alzheimer’s patients. In her book, Still Holding Hands, Stacie Ruth shares her personal experience as she walked beside her grandmother and grandfather while her grandfather suffered […]

-Read More


Church personalizes missions for members

In what he hopes will be a “game-changer in terms of the Cooperative Program and our whole relationship with missions,” Hayes Wicker has led First Baptist Church in Naples, to launch the “Great Commission Connection.” The initiative aims to personalize missions by linking church members with missionaries and others who serve the denomination, while also […]

-Read More


School Board Member

Kevin P. Tynan’s biographical informationBorn: New Brunswick, N.J.Florida residence: since 1975.House of worship:    St. Mark’s Catholic Church.Married since 1983.Children: Two.Occupation: Attorney Family/human interest Q: Where did you grow up and what was it like? A: I was born and raised in New Jersey, with a one-year stint in Bermuda when I was four; but […]

-Read More


Two become one: The Fountain of New Life

Over the past few years, while some churches have traded their metropolitan mega-churches for smaller suburban churches, or have, for a number of reasons, split apart, one church has decided to unite with another and to move to the city of Miami Gardens in hopes of becoming a resource to the community. Pastor Wayne Lomax […]

-Read More


Free Christian concert at Beachblast 2

Beachblast 2, a Christian Rock concert open free to the public, will be hitting Hollywood Beach on Feb. 20. The concert, put on by Apocalypse Evangelism Ministries, will be featured at the Hollywood Beach Bandshell, located right on the beach at Johnson Street in Hollywood, from noon to 4 p.m.Beachblast 2 will feature some of […]

-Read More


Learning to join forces

We live in an amazingly diverse area where there are countless opportunities to get involved serving somewhere doing something to help others.  There is always so much that needs to be done, especially when a major earthquake hits our neighbors. Yet, working together to accomplish a common goal sounds great, but isn’t always what is […]

-Read More


Florida Christian Writers Conference:

A place to hone your craft and realize your publishing goals Have you ever said, “I could write a book?” Here’s your chance to learn how. The Florida Christian Writers Conference will be held March 4-7 at Lake Yale Conference Center in Leesburg, Florida. This four-day conference will host editors, publishers, agents and writers – […]

-Read More


Power talk!

Before God called me into Life, I spent more than two decades training athletes and working as an exercise physiologist. A considerable portion of that time included studying and applying mental preparation strategies to help create peak performance states. That study included the area of self or “power” talk. Power talk includes “trigger phrases” such […]

-Read More