Local

Couple finds ways to reach Atlanta arts community

In Paris, while on a short-term mission trip, God planted a seed in Kerry Jackson’s heart that ultimately would become Bezalel Church. “For part of the two weeks we were in Paris I ministered to street artists. We discussed our art, and I was able to have some great spiritual conversations with them,” Jackson said. […]

-Read More


Koinonia Institute comes to South Florida

Koinonia Institute, an online Christian think tank that monitors current events through the lens of biblical prophecy, has now arrived in south Florida thanks to an intrepid group of everyday Bible students. “We’re hoping to reach out to the community by using the wonderful materials of Chuck Missler,” says area representative Stephen Sparks of Ft. […]

-Read More


South Florida man wins contest to take his church group to China

HCJB Global, an international media and healthcare Life, announced recently that Hank Stout of Pompano Beach, Fla., is one of 10 nationwide winners of its “Voice and Hands” outreach project contest. HCJB, which stands for “Heralding Christ Jesus’ Blessings,” is a Life centered around a radio station created in 1930 of the same name. The […]

-Read More


Local men put on the armor of God to fight for their families

With the current divorce rate lingering between 40 and 50 percent, marriages need all the positive reinforcement they can get. That’s where Family Warriors steps in. During the past four years, this Christ-centered Life has dedicated itself to preparing single men for successful marriages, while also improving and saving marriages that are on the verge […]

-Read More


Mother accepts Christ after son’s sermon

Beau Brewer could hardly complete his sermon. As he preached the Gospel in a small West Texas church, he was overcome with emotion by the weeping of a woman seated in the congregation. The woman was his mother. Jeanne Brewer was weeping over her sins – a starting point for faith that her son had […]

-Read More


Hurricane Forecast for 2009

NOAA, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, recently released its 2009 hurricane outlook reporting a 50 percent chance of an average hurricane season. But what exactly does that mean? It means there is a 50 percent probability of a near-normal season, a 25 percent probability of an above-normal season and a 25 percent probability of […]

-Read More


Painting a picture of faith

Allegra Spaulding captivates children and adults by bringing the Bible to life through murals at South Florida churches Allegra Spaulding is not a trained artist, yet you would never know it by looking at her brilliant and colorful murals brightening up churches in South Florida. “I had minimal talent just a few years ago,” says […]

-Read More


Help for hurting families is found at Hope Central

On any given day in Broward County, there are 200 to 250 families in danger of homelessness. Of those, 20 families are already on the streets, sleeping in their cars. “These are the people we want to reach – the most desperate. The dream is to be able to give assistance to those families and […]

-Read More


Gospel message roars at Homestead-Miami Speedway

HOMESTEAD, Fla.– High-performance vehicles driving at extreme speeds, screeching tires and roaring engines. These are some of the familiar sounds fans of the NASCAR Championship experience at the Homestead-Miami Speedway. But resonating from the RV (recreational vehicle) lot is the powerful Gospel message of Jesus Christ.                 Each […]

-Read More