In true awards show style, more than 700 local notables, community leaders and members of the non-profit sector attended the sold-out 9th Annual Community Care Plan Non-Profit Awards presented by Signature Grand and hosted by 2-1-1 Broward on February 22nd. The Awards celebrated the inspiring work of Broward County’s non-profit agencies and recognized the individual efforts of outstanding non-profit executive and board leaders, while raising more than $150,000 for 2-1-1 Broward.
During the Luncheon, the winners of each of the 10 award categories were announced, each receiving an award and $1,000 for their non-profit organization. The finalists in each category were awarded $500. Winners were chosen for their dedication to Broward County and the impact they have on the community.
The 9th Annual Community Care Plan Non-Profit Awards winners were:
- SunTrust Bank Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year – Collaboration: Sheriff’s Foundation of Broward County
- Brown & Brown Insurance Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year – Innovation: Memorial Healthcare System
- Calvin, Giordano & Associates Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year – Rising Star: World AIDS Museum and Educational Center
- Memorial Healthcare System Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year: Habitat for Humanity of Broward
- FPL Non-Proﬁt Board Leader of the Year: Keith Marchesani/Equine-Assisted Therapies of South Florida
- WLRN Outstanding Non-Proﬁt Leader of the Year: Mandy Bartle/South Florida Community Land Trust
- Greenspoon Marder Non-Proﬁt Organization of the Year – The Arts: Coral Springs Museum of Art
- Children Services Council Collective Impact for Youth Award: Urban League of Broward County
- The Sanford Institute of Philanthropy at National Leadership Institute Development Executive of the Year: Barbara Witte/Habitat for Humanity of Broward
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Lifetime Achievement Award: Marcia Barry-Smith
- Publix Community Choice Award: South Florida Wildlife Center